Monday, June 11, 2007

PR went wrong-the case of Solomon tekalegn

I know, most of us have heard more than enough about Solomon tekalegn from EPRDF controlled medias and its subsidiaries. It is not my intention to bore you anymore. It is just I wanted to get a kick out of it. It is some times good to sit back and laugh when some one makes fool of himself. People have been changing their political views since time immemorial. Solomon’s is no exception. I don’t know why EPRDF tried to make it look like some kind of political victory. It is just embarrassing.
Since I had nothing to do in the past few weeks, I listened all the interviews he gave both here and back home. It is unbelievable how any one lowers him self to that level for just some financial benefits .its one thing to change political stands, but it is another thing to act more EPRDF than EPRDF itself. One thing that he made sure in all of his interviews was to emphasize his self-importance. I really thanked God I am not related to this guy in any shape or form. That’s how much I was embarrassed for him. It surprises me how any one can be so full of it. My God!
In one of his many interviews, he says 99% of Ethiopians in the Diaspora supported his return home. Really? I wonder which polling agency polled Diaspora Ethiopians on this “big issue.” Thank God they did anyway. If you live out of your country and didn’t hear about this poll, you must be one of those 1% vocal Diaspora.
On how busy people are in Addis, he said that he wasn’t able to meet his friends because every one is busy doing business. A friend of mine jokingly said, “what if they are trying to ignore him?” For those of us who haven’t had problems meeting friends during our visits back home, the question my friend asked sounds interesting.
On universities and colleges he said there was only one university in the country during the Derg. Some body help me here. I am no expert on the Derg era, but I think I have heard there was more than one.
On mobile phones he mentions that every one in Addis has cell phones now but no one had them when he left the country 11 years ago. Hello, how many people had cell phones 11 years ago even in America? Let alone one of the poorest nations in Africa. I got news for you, even now mobile phone usage in Ethiopia is one of the lowest as compared to most African countries. How about that?
On the report of him being beaten up in Addis, he told the interviewer that his face with a photo shopped body of some beaten up person is all over the internet. I think of my self as a frequent visitor of Ethiopian web sites and I saw the report about the incident. But I saw no picture of a beaten up him. As one radio personality put it, this guy is in real mental crises. I would take him to tebl or amanuel if I were one of his friends or family.
The most laughable of all was the one he told about what happened at Olympia. While he was stopped at a traffic light, people lined up to say hi to him to the extent that it seemed there was some kind of demonstration. Thank God! Those poor fans didn’t get shot by federals. The whole drama was just funny, if it wasn’t serious. We will see what will happen after the millennium is over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello eth.bloger! i heard the guy (solomon) some weeks back on the radio, but didn't have time and guts to listen to what he had to say. it just gets me mad to see retarded people like him who feel very important a person in a society and try to sway the tide for eprdf in a shameful manner.

He is a 'huge' embarrassment to all of ethiopians. Thankyou for bringing up the news.

Anonymous said...

i havent had the patience to finish even one of his interviews. did he really say all that? maferia
good blog by the way

Anonymous said...

The guy s a joke..... Why give him attention. He is doing the rounds now...sheraton..Kazanchis..... mesheta bet...and then oblivion....and then perhaps defect to Issayas and then to Somalis.... What a fat ass?

Anonymous said...

yeah, this guy is digging his political death like lidetu etal.